Monday, July 13, 2009

Uganda Update # 12



This past Friday we got a short update from Awe Star that Ty and Christy were on the way home and to expect a detailed update when they were able to get to a computer. Well today it came. What a thrill, we got a personal message from Marissa. In fact there is a personal message from each team member. Click here to go to the Awe Star page to see all the messages. They are very interesting to read.

Here is Missy's message:

Howdy Folks!
Greetings and blessings from deep in the bush of Africa! ? What an amazing and adventurous trip this has been so far! There have been some delightful times and some discouraging times but I have felt the hand of the Lord on us constantly. He has taught me so much! One thing He really impressed upon me is the power of singing to Him. One night a few weeks ago the team felt the need to pray and pierce the darkness deep into the night. My hut mates and I were called upon to sing worship songs while the guys prayed. We sang until we were hoarse and I have never felt the power of worship songs like I felt it that night. Starting from that night the words of many songs have become so much more sincere and genuine for me. The truth and power of worshipping Him has never been so real to me. Singing to Him has become the weapon with which I fight the powers of darkness here. I love singing late into the night with my teammates and I look forward to seeing how God uses this newfound weapon and renewed passion in the States.

To my awesome family: I love yall and miss ya! Could you bring a set of clean clothes(jeans would be great) to me at debrief? Homemade chocolate cookies would be amazing also. ? Tell Sonny, Favorite, Dixie, Ezekiel II, and Jake hi for me. ? Looking forward to pizza and Blue Bell!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see she misses her animals and other comforts of home. There time is short. Continue to pray! By the end of this week they should be coming off the mountain to begin their journey home.

I would like to thank all of you who have joined our family on this journey with Missy. It has been a great comfort to us know there is a wonderful group of people out there praying! You have taken part in a powerful mission for the Lord! God is good!!!

Blessings

Jack

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these updates. I am so excited for her and look forward to hearing about it. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete