Tuesday, September 22, 2009

These past two months I have re-adjusted to life in the states. There was no culture shock really- after last year I knew what to expect. I didn't experience any jet lag either(thank you Jesus!). As of now I still hope to return to Uganda with Awe Star/Extreme Team International's(XTI) 2010 team but I am waiting to hear from God.

Please continue praying for the Karamojong people. Pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work in their hearts in our absence. Pray against the spirit of drunkenness that holds them captive.


In August I was presented with an opportunity to begin being trained for cross-cultural ministry. Larry and Terry Singletary (founders of XTI) have a discipleship/training program in San Antonio. Their goal is to help bridge the gap between "the call" and actually going. After much prayer and a visit to San Antonio to check it out I feel like this is the next step God has for me.
So what will I be doing in San Antonio? :) Well, I will be living with 4 other girls in the XTI training program and we'll have a "class" with Larry and Terry once a week (I think). I'll also have to work 30-40 hours a week, which will be a huge step for me so be praying for me! :) Our ministry will be building relationships with the refugees nearby. I will also, at some point, begin working towards getting a bachelors degree(hopefully in music so pray for scholarships!!).
That is just a brief overview. When I learn more I will be happy to share it with you!
These next few months will be spent preparing for this move so please pray that everything will fall into place!

Thank you so much for your prayers and support! I couldn't do this without you!
Joyfully!

Marissa Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment